- Michael Pfeiffer received the diploma in electrical
engeneering (Dipl.-Ing.) from the Technical University at Brunswick (Technische
Universität Carolo-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig), Germany, in
- From 1997 to 2000 he was leading the realtime systems group of
the chair of operating systems
Aachen University, Germany.
He joined the research group for Applied Computer
Science at Bielefeld
University, Germany, in 2000.
There he was working in the project INDI which was part of the
government-funded BMB+F project LOKI (Lernen zur Organisation komplexer
Systeme der Informationsverarbeitung). INDI is an image retrieval
system which combines powerfull techniques of relevance feedback based
system learning with multimodal user interactions like speech and
touchscreen gestures. With this combination the system is well usable
with minimal knowledge about image retrieval or even computer systems
- In 2006 he received the Ph.D. degree (Dr.-Ing.) from Bielefeld University
Books & Book Chapters
- C. Bauckhage, M. Hanheide, S. Wrede, T. Käster, M. Pfeiffer, and G. Sagerer.
Vision Systems with the Human in the Loop.
EURASIP J. on Applied Signal Processing, 2005(14):2375-2390, 2005.
- T. Käster, M. Pfeiffer, C. Bauckhage, and G.Sagerer.
Intelligent Navigation in Image Databases..
KI Zeitschrift, 18(4):24-43, Nov. 2004.
- T. Käster, M. Pfeiffer, and C. Bauckhage.
Usability Evaluation for Image Retrieval Beyond Desktop Applications..
In Proc. Int. Conf. on Multimedia and Expo, pages 385-388. IEEE, 2006.
- C. Bauckhage, T. Käster, M. Pfeiffer, and G. Sagerer.
Content-Based Image Retrieval by Multimodal Interaction..
In Proc. of the 29th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pages 1865-1870, Roanoke, VA, 2003.
- T. Käster, M. Pfeiffer, C. Bauckhage, and G. Sagerer.
Combining Speech and Haptics for Intuitive and Efficient Navigation through Image Databases..
In Proc. International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces (ICMI'03), pages 180-187. ACM, 2003.
- T. Kämpfe, T. Käster, M. Pfeiffer, H. Ritter, and G. Sagerer.
INDI - Intelligent Database Navigation by Interactive and Intuitive Content-Based Image Retrieval.
In IEEE 2002 International Conference on Image Processing, volume III, pages 921-924, Rochester, USA, 2002. IEEE.
- S. Lankes, M. Pfeiffer, T. Bemmerl
Design and Implementation of a SCI-based Real-Time CORBA.
In Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Symposium on
Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC 2001), Magdeburg,
Germany, Mai 2001